Sunday, May 14, 2006

What a special day



This picture is on page 202 in Sorry Everybody, An Apology to the World for the Re-election of George. W. Bush which was shot shortly after the 2004 election. My kids were having fun with several campaign stickers laying around the house and I decided to grab the digital camera and shoot away. One month later I stumbled across their picture as I glanced through the book on a Border's bookshelf. Take a good look at my son holding the Kerry sticker...he was pissed after learning our man lost the election and after watching his parents work many days and nights for the man who should have been our next president. My daughter was just happy to have her hands on one of those NO BUSH stickers. Go figure, anything makes her happy.

I thought to myself Bush winning the election was the biggest mistake this country could ever make. Two years later and I realize just how right I was. Thank God Americans now realize we are living in a time of possibly the worst president ever.

Now back to the kids. These kids are here today and are who they because of one person only. No, not the president or the preacher at our church. They are who are because of their wonderful mom. They are who they are because of the person who has the hardest job in the world. They are who they are because they have the best mom in the world. They are special kids who love their special mother. Anyone with kids knows what a special day this is for all mothers. So from my two wonderful kids:

Happy Mother's Day

No comments: