Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Fill in the blank in District 22

If you read the post below, everything is falling exactly in place for the feared "write-in"!

Indicted former U.S. House of Representatives Republican leader Tom DeLay said on Tuesday he will not run for his former seat in Congress even though federal courts have ruled his name cannot be removed from the November ballot.

"Earlier this year I resigned from the U.S. House of Representatives and became a resident of the state of Virginia, to establish my new business, and where I now legally reside, pay taxes and vote," DeLay said in a statement.

"This decision was and is irrevocable, which I made clear from Day One," DeLay said.

DeLay said he would act to remove himself from the race for the 22nd Texas congressional district in suburban Houston and encouraged the Texas Republican Party to offer up a candidate to challenge the Democratic nominee ex-Rep. Nick Lampson.

While the Republican Party cannot replace DeLay's name on the ballot, they can organize a campaign to write in another candidate. Reuters
I wonder how many of the edumacated in District 22 will still write Tom DeLay? I predict allot. It I had a vote I would:

No comments: