Friday, June 10, 2005

'Good and honest' Iraqis fighting US forces

I guess these are the good and honest Iraqis who were to throw flowers in the streets.
A senior US military chief has admitted "good, honest" Iraqis are fighting American forces.

Major General Joseph Taluto said he could understand why some ordinary people would take up arms against the US military because "they're offended by our presence".

He predicted attacks would continue to surge in intensity, as key milestones were reached, including the upcoming constitutional referendum.

On CNN's ''Larry King Live" on Monday, Vice President Dick Cheney said of the violence in Iraq, ''I think they're in the last throes, if you will, of the insurgency."

Who do you believe?

5 comments:

Fred said...

Comments were from the Major General's mouth, not CNN. You can't spin the liberal media on this one.

XFI MMA said...

Yeah, where do you hear all the negativity? liberal media. No one's spinning anything. liberal media always wants to make this look as worse as possible.

Besides, the top paragraph of my 1st comment is undetestable. liberals just need to find something to complain about.

Snave said...

My bad! That address was not typed correctly. This should be better:

http://republicanpower.blogspot.com/

Snave said...

Republican Vet,

Hmmm... twice now you haven't understood my comments, and I don't know how to explain anything more simply.

You obviously didn't visit the "Republican Power" weblog. "True American" was a "liberal" who pretended to be a Republican on his weblog. His grammar and spelling were purposefully awful, and his way or reacting to any left-wing comment was with stereoptypical name-calling and with blind devotion to the Bush administration.

From your comments, I would guess you are like the character called "True American". That is, you are also a "liberal" who is simply having fun pretending to be a Republican.

Snave said...

I won't call you names. That's one of the problems that has brought political discourse in our country to such a low level. If you want to pursue that course, go right ahead. I'm merely seeing if I can elicit a thoughtful response from you, and so far I have been unsuccessful.

So you think I'm ignorant and that I have a fat mouth? That's your opinion.

I have to say I think your comments indicate that you may enjoy calling other people names and questioning their intelligence when they don't agree with you.

And you will probably prove me correct in my assumptions about you by answering this comment with more name-calling.

Well?