Friday, July 15, 2005

Press briefing by Scott McClellan - Day 1

the White House is not going to comment on it...we're not going to get into commenting on an ongoing criminal investigation from this podium...we are not going to get into commenting on it while it is an ongoing investigation...not get into commenting on it while it is an ongoing investigation...I will be glad to talk about it, but not until after the investigation is complete...we not get into discussing it while it is ongoing...this is a question relating to an ongoing investigation...we're going to continue not to comment on it while it's ongoing...we're not going to get into commenting on it...I will be glad to talk about it at the appropriate time. The appropriate time is when the investigation--...there will be a time to talk about this, but now is not the time to talk about it...Again, I've responded to the question...investigators had requested that we not get into commenting on an ongoing criminal investigation...I look forward to talking about it. But until the investigation is complete, I'm just not going to do that...you're continuing to ask questions relating to an ongoing criminal investigation, and I'm just not going to respond any further...You can keep asking them, but you have my response...I've responded to the questions...after the investigation is complete, I will be glad to talk about it at that point...those overseeing the investigation expressed a preference to us that we not get into commenting on the investigation while it's ongoing...so I think in order to be helpful to that investigation, we are following their direction...these are all questions coming up in the context of an ongoing criminal investigation. And you've heard my response on this...you're asking this question in the context of an ongoing investigation. And I would not read anything into it other than I'm simply not going to comment on an ongoing --...This continues to be an ongoing criminal investigation...And we're just not going to have more to say on it until that investigation is complete...Again, you're asking questions relating to an ongoing investigation, and I think I've responded to it...This is still coming at the same question relating to reports about an ongoing investigation, and I think I've responded to it...I'm going to be happy to talk about this at the appropriate time...But I will be glad to talk about this at the appropriate time, and that's once the investigation is complete...you're still trying to come at this from a different angle, and I've responded to it...this is an ongoing matter; I'm just not going to get into commenting on it further at this time. At the appropriate time, when it's complete, then I'll be glad to talk about it at that point...You're asking me to comment on an ongoing investigation, and I'm not going to do that...And the way to help them do that is to not get into commenting on it while it is ongoing...I'm just not going to say anything further. I expressed all I'm going to say on this matter from this podium...

Same answers day after day. Something has got to give.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's one thing for a pouting child to keep saying "I don't want to talk about it," but it really looks ridiculous coming from the President of the United States.