Monday, April 03, 2006

One pin at a time

Josh Marshall thinks worst not over yet

I haven't seen anything but the headlines yet. But I think the story here is clear. Prosecutors knocking down one pin at a time. Paul Kiel and I were talking about this before I left the office early this evening: Rudy, to Buckham, to DeLay. They're each going to down. And the road map was clear -- though largely implicit -- in the Rudy plea documents.

DeLay's lawyers must have sat him down over the last 72 hours and explained to him that he needs to focus on not spending most of the rest of his life in prison.

More soon.
Update: Lampson Release:
"From day one I have been running because this district needs a Congressman who will make headlines for the right reasons and work for the mainstream values I share with the people of this district... No matter who I face in the general election, I am going to fight hard and I am going to win in November."
Good as time as any to donate $$ to his campaign.

Update: MyDD wants us all not to forget this person:
Chris Bell, who is running for Governor of Texas, deserves some credit for this. He filed an ethics complaint against Delay in 2004, and received a great deal of ire from fellow members. The complaint led to Delay's admonishment, which helped in his downfall. Individual members can make a difference.
Update: Per Evan, Tom Campbell and David Wallace both say that they will be running in the special election. He also has a list of possible repacements.

Update: And to think, I was just in his Capital Hill office last Thursday lobbying to restore healthcare funding.

No comments: