Thursday, September 07, 2006

Southern Women: Bush worst president since Ulysses S. Grant

Southern women as the rest of the country are waking up to the lies of the miserable failure. I guess now I know why he's trying to scare the shit out them...
President Bush's once-solid relationship with Southern women is on the rocks. "I think history will show him to be the worst president since Ulysses S. Grant," said Barbara Knight, a self-described Republican since birth and the mother of three. "He's been an embarrassment." In the heart of Dixie, comparisons to Grant, a symbol of the Union, is the worst sort of insult, especially from a Macon woman who voted for Bush in 2000 but turned away in 2004.
From Whitehouse.gov on Grant. You make the call.
When he was elected, the American people hoped for an end to turmoil. Grant provided neither vigor nor reform. Looking to Congress for direction, he seemed bewildered. One visitor to the White House noted "a puzzled pathos, as of a man with a problem before him of which he does not understand the terms."
There always is the scary few...
"There are some people, and I'm one of them, that believe George Bush was placed where he is by the Lord," Tomanio said. "I don't care how he governs, I will support him. I'm a Republican through and through."
Kind of reminds you of the Tom DeLay crowd doesn't it?

No comments: