Wednesday, November 08, 2006

In fact, I've been indicted on laws that didn't exist

First, Congratulations to Nick Lampson for his defeat of the write-in candidate in District 22. Wow, 20 years since this district had a Democratic congressman.

I kind of hung out at the Fort Bend Democrats headquarters yesterday and was thoroughly impressed with all the enthusiasm of all its members. Bryan, Mark and Martha...excellent work.

Here is a funny little DeLayism from an article I read today.
"In my case, I haven't been found guilty of anything," DeLay said. "In fact, I've been indicted on laws that didn't exist."

While DeLay said he was "personally disappointed" that a Democrat won his vacated seat, he said the "saving grace is Nick Lampson's going to be a one-term congressman," due to the fact that Sekula-Gibbs received more votes in her special election than Lampson did yesterday.
Funny.."I've been indicted on laws that didn't exist". And earth to dumbass, Lampson wasn't in the special election.

No comments: